Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Untitled

I sit and watch as a plane passes by
The wind, tickling at my face
The stars are not seen, they’re hidden by clouds
The night is mine to embrace

I vaguely hear the crickets call from my garden
As engines smother their cry
Will the world ever be a silent place?
Or will it continue to pass us by?

I see the leaves of the plants shuffle with the breeze
But the roots are hidden behind my wall
Those plants will grow for years to come
But will my world forever seem so small?

Life is a gamble, a wonderful game
And there is so much that I need to learn
But the lesson I want the most of all
Is how to love and be loved in return

What is this unsolved mystery?
That people like to call love
Is it a feeling that reigns from within ones heart?
Or is it a gift from high above?

I don’t want to rush it
But I’m scared of being alone
I don’t want to force anything that isn’t true
But I don’t want to spend my life on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment