Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Human without a Heart Beat

5 years ago it stopped
My heart
My world
My life

I felt like a paint brush without bristles
I felt like a pencil with no lead
It felt like a world without sun
I felt like a human with no heart beat

There is no better healer than time
It continues to tick
With or without you
Life will go on

At first you live in limbo, not wanting to move on without her
You spend your days staring at every photograph you have of her
Watching every home video
Never wanting to forget

The truth is you don’t
You can’t
She will always be with you
In every beat of your heart

Once you have been able to understand
A deep connection is made
That can never be taken away
A belief that you will never lose her again

Spiritual belief in the love that cannot fade
Is stronger than any emotion felt in human existence
Every breath is no longer forced
Waking up is something you desire

You remember her in moments
Simple, silly actions bring her memory
A smile forces your cheeks to rise
A fire ignites in your heart

She lives on
In every day, every action
I will never lose her again
That is enough for me

No comments:

Post a Comment